Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A rainy afternoon

Its Saturday, a day to laze around for a software engineer. Its been 3 days raining outside, the rain God has been too generous. A river flows through this city, a sewer I should say to aptly describe it during the non monsoon days, but a little better nowadays, resembles a river flowing with great vigour to some extent, but I have no intention of going in for a swim though.

I have plugged in my MP3 player as I look out of the window. Its playing "Its raining men', I change the song , its already raining outside and cant bear more of "rains" in my MP3 list. Its half past two and I see 2 sombre looking students puddling back from school. Their face says "3-days- of-rain-and-no-sign-of-school-being-closed". Pity those poor kids, ask me how much I used to hate school. This is the age when you can hit your most hated neighbour with ur bicycle and escape by a mere "Oops .. Sorry Wrong Aunty..." and instead of being into so much of productive activities, its school that they have to attend... Poor kids!. There is an altercation between two women with empty buckets and as they fight the rain god is doing its work of filling up their buckets and soon they will be on their way with the rain water. Good e.g. of harvesting rain water and saved the tap water as well.

I had bread , jam and cheese for breakfast.. had to use the reserves left in the home... couldnt go out for breakfast and as I write this here comes a loud yawn reminding me of my sweet saturday siesta. So I am off to bed for a while and then dress up for our companies anniversary party. Its playing "Aadat" by Jal (I love this band..) perfect one for a lazy rainy afternoon and a nap.